Friday, November 30, 2007

Some learned things

So my first semester of college is just about over... exceot for my finals. Adjusting to life has been a little difficult but in the end everything worked out. I mean c'mon I live literally 5 miuntes away but I still have a dorm room. I thought it would be cool if I share somethings I noticed my roommate always complaining about...


1) Clothes aren't dirty if worn once. With the proper strategy and application of Febreeze, you can EASILY coax a week of semi-odor-free wear from those jeans. Wear your shirts inside-out, right-side-out, backwards, forwards. Don't rewear underwear. That's gross.

2) Mom is a GOOD cook. (I always knew, mom, but this isn't about me, this is about college kids OVERALL. Love you, mom.) True, true, it's all-you-can-eat buffet-style dining...the trick is finding something something you WANT to eat all you can of. Think about that....hmm...yea!

3) Bedtime? Bedtime is when the homework is done, the friends are gone, and the hall happens to be quiet. It fluctuates. And never leaves enough time between itself and the commencement of the next day's class.

4) Laundry sucks. How do you all do laundry for like FIVE people or more? Washing clothes for one is enough. I consider it a small victory everytime I mate socks. And have none leftover without mates.

5) Kroger is never closed. That's a beautiful thing.

6) There is no Delta house. Or toga parties (that I'm aware of).

7) If you think your siblings are bad, try getting a roommate. Your siblings (or you) have somewhere to go if you're mad. Roommates don't.

8) Books are expensive. REALLY expensive.

9) 1:30 in the morning is not an unreasonable time to be doing homework.



I'll update and add more as I become infinitely more wise during my college education. Peace guys.

3 comments:

Daniel Hernandez said...

my favorite thing aboutthis blog is the face that you talk about bed time is when freinds are gone homework is done and the hall is quiet. that is the most true thing i have heard in a long time. oh and i totally agree...rewearing underwear is gross.

. said...

Haha, nice blog. It makes me appreciate, once again, that I don't live in a dorm. I can figure those things out without having to live through them.

Wendy said...

i loved, loved this!